Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom scripts with ondemand Bamboo?

Digital Operations June 10, 2014

Hi Guys,

We build sites in Drupal and use Drush (cli for Drupal) for a lot of admin work (updating db, clearing caches, running tests.) as well as the cli for Behat. I'm not sure if we'd have the ability to use those 3rd party clients if we had an ondemand version of Bamboo, would we?

Thanks.

Christian

1 answer

0 votes
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2014

Hi Christian,

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but you guys are wanting to run custom scripts in Bamboo OnDemand that call to Drush and your cli for Behat and not integrate the tools directly into Bamboo, right?

If so then you shouldn't have any problems at all. You just need to create scripts that make the appropriate calls to your tools. Keep in mind though that your builds will be running on an AWS elastic instance (required by the ondemand platform) so if there is any issue in calling out from AWS to wherever your tools are located that will have to be accounted for.

Thanks

Turner

Digital Operations June 12, 2014

Hi Turner,

So, no tools on the build instance?

I'm leaning towards the 'too hard basket' if thats the case. Writing a script to call a secondary server to run commands on the build server seems a little over complicated.

Thanks for the answer.

cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2014

Hi All,

Just to clarify this is how you would set up any build too. You create your instance and add all the necessary files, in this case via an EBS volume (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Configuring+elastic+instances+to+use+the+EBS) which you can attach to your instance whenever it's running. The other option being a script that installs them to the instance whenever it spins up.

In order to call those test you would need to write a script that automated the testing/build. I believe the only difference between here and another tool would be that the OnDemand platform does not support third party add-ons currently so the tools would not integrate directly.

Thanks!

Turner

Digital Operations June 16, 2014

Thanks Turner.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events