Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom EBS volume does not transfer Maven settings.xml

Brandon Vulaj October 8, 2014

So far, I have set up a custom EBS volume based on the guide. I've also:

• Modified the settings.xml file located at /mnt/bamboo-ebs/maven/.m2/settings.xml
  • Added a settings-security.xml at /mnt/bamboo-ebs/maven/.m2/settings-security.xml
  • Modified customise-extras.sh at /mnt/bamboo-ebs/bin/customise-extras.sh to include copying the settings-security.xml alongside the settings.xml

Now, I don't see any of those files getting transferred to the elastic instance.  An even bigger problem is that I don't see any files at all at /mnt/bamboo-ebs when I attached it to a new elastic instance.

This instance is an unmodified Atlassian configuration, with an attached EBS snapshot as mentioned above.

Any insight at all to this issue? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2014

You've probably hit https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-14409 , there's a workaround in the comments.

Hey @Przemyslaw Bruski - Thanks for the input. I ran through the recommendations in that bug, but that doesn't seem to be the issue I'm seeing. To make sure, I've also switched to an Amazon Linux AMI. The snapshot seems to be created and mounted just fine.

I'm actually going to close this issue. It seems that using the Ubuntu AMI, I did encounter the referenced issue. Switching to the Amazon AMI or using the fix seemed to fix thing. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events