Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross platform buildServer

m November 18, 2013

We build desktop applications (Mac and Windows, in C++) and i wonder if what i would like to do is possible with Bamboo...

Can I change source code locally for one project in one OS (say Windows), commit to the build server, and it will automatically generate builds for all the other platforms that are using that source code? For example: Window 32 bit, Windows 64 bit and MacOS...Also, can you then automate the process of testing the builds in the following frameworks? XP, VISTA, 7 , 8 (32 bit and 64 bit versions) , Mavericks OSX , Mountain Lion, Lion...?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

I'm probably over simplifying this but, you can probably do it by chaining together builds. If the goal is to make sure the initial build is good before launching the related builds this makes good sense.

First create your parent build for the preferred OS, and launch the related builds based on the success of the preferred build.

They would necessarily need to be different builds though, since you'll have different dependencies (different OS, different compiler?). You can't (for example) build on windows for Mac with the same build. (at least I don't THINK you can - I could be wrong might depend on the architecture). Seems like the compiler would need to be on a Mac to compile for a Mac.

So first create all your builds then determine the order you want them to build in and configure them as child plans under dependencies for the parent plan, to build once the first build is successful.

m December 12, 2013

thanks Gretchen. I wll investigage that solution

all the best

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events