Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating your first EBS snapshot - createInitialVolume.sh - Client.AuthFailure

John November 28, 2013

Hello,

I am trying to configure my elastic instance to use EBS. I am getting an error when I try to run: "createInitialVolume.sh 100" as root user. I get the error message "Client.AuthFailure: AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials" reported.

The AWS account identifiers are setup in elastic configuration and the "Upload AWS account identifiers to elastic instances" checkbox is checked.

Elastic image is Linux Default Image EBS x86_64.

Is this a problem with the AWS account identifiers I have setup?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2013

Yeah, it looks like they are incorrect.Try modifying that script and using --aws-access-key and --aws-secret-key credentials instead - they are much easier to handle. You can use the same setting as used by your Bamboo server.

fmontada September 7, 2015

Hi Przemek Bruski [Atlassian] We created the bellow support request https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-156832 I think could be related with this Question. We did not understand what did you mean with "Try modifying that script and using --aws-access-key and --aws-secret-key credentials instead -" could you help us ? Thank Francisco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events