Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a custom task

Brad Riching July 26, 2017

In response to the ongoing problem users have to implement plan branches with multiple repos: here, I am looking into the possibility of creating a custom task that addresses part of the problems we face, by basically providing a smarter "Source Code Checkout" Task.  The behavior of the task would checkout the same branch (the current plan branch) across all repositories, and default to a user-specified value if the branch does not exist.  This would vastly improve our workflow, and allow us to limp along without remembering to add and configure separate scripts inside each plan, that is until Atlassian actually implements a fix for this desperately needed feature.

However, to even get started, I cannot seem to find the example code for tasks, as it looks like the repo has been removed or deleted.  See the following, scroll down to "Example Code"

https://developer.atlassian.com/bamboodev/bamboo-tasks-api

Does anyone know where the examples went?  

Also, does anyone see any showstoppers with this approach?  I do not have any plans to implement merging, as I assume this would need to be done at a level higher up than a task.  I'm only interested in automating the checkout side first.

Kind regards,

Brad

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2017

For undisclosed reasons those examples seem to have been archived to atlassianarchive/bamboo-sdk-examples (presumably due to being considered outdated).

That being said, I think following the applicable tutorials linked in the page's Resources section (in particular the Introduction to writing Tasks) should be your quickest road to success.

Brad Riching July 27, 2017

Thank you Steffen for the lightning fast response!  It looks like there weren't many examples in that archived repo anyways.  I will see what I can do.

Thanks again.

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2017

Glad it helps @Brad Riching - please also 'accept' my answer as solution via the checkmark on the left side so that it doesn't show up as unanswered anymore, thereby keeping others and myself focused on and motivated to assist with new questions :) - thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events