Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a specific plan for a specific git branch

Justin Bleach April 6, 2017

Is there a way to create a specific plan for a specific branch?

I tried cloning a plan (to modify it) but the cloned plan won't let me specify a branch to run against.

I created a branch plan but there is no option to change the plan for that branch.

I want the plan for this branch to include a different task than what the main branch 'master' has.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2017

You can create plans against a specific branch but it is configured at the repository level. When you create the repository in Bamboo, you pick up the appropriate branch and then you use that repository in the new build plan.

Branch plans will follow the same tasks as that of the master plan and so it won't work.

So it sounds like you're saying there isn't a way to do what I'm asking? 

I looked in the UI again and I can't find a way to create a new plan for a new branch off an existing repository.

I added the repository a second time, called it something else and specified the branch to use in the add repository dialog.

I think this will work. Now I can refer to that linked repo name that has my branch instead of the master or develop branch.

Like james_mckean likes this
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2017

Yes, that is what I meant. You need to pick the repo branch when creating the repo it self. Looks like you have it working now. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events