Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Integration for Documentation (using Bamboo)

Anthony A April 30, 2015

Hello,

FYI - I am brand new to Bamboo and have never setup continuous integration from scratch (only build configurations in a established environment).

I working on setting up continuous integration and deployment for my documentation set. I just connected Bamboo to SVN where my documentation resides. I am in the process of trying to build and deploy my documentation set (PDF and WebHelp) to a website using this process.

I came from using TeamCity (CI and CD) and I was wondering if there is anyone who is setting up a similar environment?

I was wonder what the process is to ensure my build is setup correctly. For example, do I need pom files to point to the specific parts I would like Bamboo to pick up and build?

Thank you,

Anthony

2 answers

0 votes
Anthony A May 4, 2015

All of my content does reside in an output folder in Eclipse. How do I point to the artifact in Eclipse from Bamboo? I am used to using Maven for everything and I would like to understand the simpler format you mentioned.

Thanks,

Anthony

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2015

I don't think you need to over complicate stuff like using Maven.

If you documentation is already in your SCM, all you need to do is to check out the artifact and use that artifact in your deployment. The next step depends on how you display your documentation on your website. I might get Bamboo to execute a script that manipulates the documentation files that must sit somewhere in the server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events