Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to Bitbucket repo on Bamboo build via composer

Kevin Matthews November 3, 2015

Hi,

I need ability to connect to our Bitbucket account on the bamboo build server that is fired up. Steps I have taken so far:

1. Logged on to initial build server and created a public/private ssh encrypted key
  2. Created a 'shared credentials' on bamboo and added the private key to this
  3. Created a 'deployment key' on Bitbucket for the repo i want to connect to, in this deployment key i have put the public key that I generated on the initial server

This doesn't give me access, i'm pretty sure what i'm doing above is incorrect, any suggestions?

Kevin 

1 answer

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

Do you need to connect from the Bamboo Server itself from a build agent running a build plan?  Setting up SSH on the server will not automatically let an agent connect.  What are you trying to do exactly?

This answer may help you: how to run "git clone" in an inline script

Kevin Matthews November 3, 2015

We are running composer on our build server which installs a number of repo's from our private repositories.

The build server is an elastic agent and we have multiple ones, each time a build server is booted up its a brand new build server, so therefore there is no public/private key.

Therefore when we run composer to connect to our private repo there is no key to use in order to authenticate.

i want every build server we boot up to have access to our private repo via composer.

I thought using shared credentials was teh way forward for this but can't seem to get that.

Another way forward seems to be creating a EBS snapshot which has the private key on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events