Configuring bamboo with aws

Jelle November 19, 2013

I'm configuring elastic bamboo and I'm facing some issues doing so.
I have followed the documentation that is available but sometime I'm missing some parts.

The biggest problem is in the configuration of the AMI, I find the documentation a bit vague on this part. I have selected the amazon linux AMI (ami-f1ec0e86) and configured this inside my elastic bamboo. Now I have an elastic image configuration, but when I try to start my instance, I get an error:

Failed to start elastic instances: Error when starting a new instance

Since this is the onDemand version of bamboo, I can't access the logs. Where do I go from here?

4 answers

0 votes
Jelle December 9, 2013

Is anyone using this succcesfully? My plan always states 'No agents are available to build this job.' but in the agent matrix I clearly see that the plan is able to build on the instance that is running.

0 votes
Jelle November 25, 2013

I still get the same error

Failed to start elastic instances: Error when starting a new instance

0 votes
Jelle November 19, 2013

I'm looking forward to monday...

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2013

It's a bug, some new EC2 accounts can't start instances due to a changes Amazon did to account configuration.

The only known workaround is to delete the security groups "elasticbamboo" and "controlledByBamboo" on your EC2 account. Unfortunately, this has to be done everytime you start an instance. The good news is that the bug should be fixed with Monday update.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events