Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure bamboo to use confluence avatar?

Steve Ash July 16, 2011

Hello. We have confluence, jira, fisheye, bamboo, etc. I notice that bamboo now has avatar support. How do I configure bamboo to use the same avatar as used in JIRA, Confluence, and Fisheye. SURELY bamboo supports pulling the avatars from confluence as Fisheye does... I'm still waiting on Crowd to support avatars so that I can stop configuring each users avatar in multiple places -- and configuring different applications to pull avatars differently.

4 answers

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

Anyone actually see where bamboo avatars are used? ha I was able to implement a custom GravatarService with Justin's help, but don't actually see th image used anywhere.

0 votes
Michael Downey August 4, 2011

This would really be great. There is a FishEye plugin that can pull avatars from Confluence. However neither Bamboo or JIRA have such a thing that I've found, so users have to create several sets of avatars. Not very nice.

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

This should eb a comment to Steve's original question, not an answer.

0 votes
Justin Shapiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2011

The gravatar URL in Bamboo is hardcoded. The only way to change it is to recompile. Vote for BAM-8451

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2011
I thought fisheye either has local avatars or pulls from gravatar. Most of the atlassian applications seem to be moving to use gravatar support so I would think that rather than future enhancements to pull from confluence it would be from gravatar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events