Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent bamboo builds on different remote agents

Paritosh Ahuja June 4, 2014

I have 2 remote agents for the build, what is the entire process to fire a same build using bamboo,concurrently on those two different agents.

Whatever i have gethered till now is (Please correct me if i am wrong) :-

- We can add a requirement in bamboo (i can add one more agent), i already have one agent configured for the current job. Once i configure the new one there will be 2 agents for the same job.

My Questions is:-

1. If i have two remote agents and only one job is there for that remote agent will it run on both those agents? if no, how will it decide that which agent to pick at this point of time.

1 answer

1 vote
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2014

Hi Paritosh,

Thank you for your question.

If you have two agents (i.e.: Bamboo local agent, Bamboo remote agent) and the task you have set up is suitable to be run on both agents, then they will run this build/deploy.

You can verify how many agents can run your:

• Build by going to (Plan Configuration) under (Tasks) tab.
    You will find the following message on the top-right hand side "2 agents have the capabilities to run this job"
  • Deploy by going to (Deploy Configuration > Edit Tasks)
    You will find the following message on the top-right hand side "2 agents have the capabilities to run this job"

Kind regards,
Rafael

Paritosh Ahuja June 5, 2014

Hi, thank you for replying, i understood whatever you said, right now i am having only one agent installed to build JOB-A, now in requirements tab i will add one more agent, so that change will essentially set 2 agents for JOB-A. After this i will copy the directory structure of the JOB-A on new build box and lastly i need to make one change in a property called concurrent job runs, i think by default this is set to 1 i will set it to 2. Is this all i need to do for making JOB-A run parallelly on these both agents?

If above process is incorrect please let me know in case of any changes and if it is correct can you please let me know if i have both agents free right now and i run a plan to build JOB-A how it will pick an agent from the two installed agents to build this job?

Paritosh Ahuja June 10, 2014

Hi Rafael,

Can you please tell me how to achieve this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events