Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Change details are not available in Bamboo Build Commits tab

ARM Ltd. (old account) July 21, 2014

Hi Team

We are facing problem with our Bamboo instance regarding the Build Commit details.

As described in the https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Viewing+a+build+resultin the Build results there should be the section which will show the code changes.

Now we have plan configured with the trigger based on code changes.
The plan is successfully running when someone is changing the code but the details are not shown in the details.

The screen has the words "Code Commits" but the details are absent.

Could you please let us know if there are any specific configuration that we are missing?

Regards,
Areg

1 answer

0 votes
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

It will only show the commits if there are commits since the last build in the branch/trunk you are building from. (Your problem may very well be something that is not this simple - I know you said code was committed. Verify this occurred in the branch/trunk you are building).

For example if I run a build it will pick up any changes since the last build (can be viewed by the bamboo.repository.previous.revision.number versus the bamboo.repository.revision.number - put in a scripted echo to display the two variables in your log file.)

If I run the build again before any new changes have been committed the list of changes will be empty.

I'm guessing this is not your issue but thought I'd throw it out there. You can also run customized and specify an earlier revision that you know is included in the branch you're building from.

Also take the previous build's revision number and the current builds revision number (or HEAD etc.) and run a manual log command against your repository to identify the specific commits in your repository. This will provide validation of exactly what should have changed (and displayed) in the second build. I'd start there. Figure out what it should say then you have a position to approach Atlassian with in a support ticket that would help them help you. That would verify that indeed there is a discrepancy between what bamboo is showing and what it should be showing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events