Clover is open source yet license required for bamboo

Doron Horwitz December 25, 2017

When enabling Clover in Bamboo you are required to enter a license. But there is no way to get a license now that its open source.

What's the solution? (I'm running bamboo v6.2.5)

clover.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2017

Hi @Doron Horwitz

Thanks for reaching out to us!

From the Screenshot, it looks like you've selected "Automatically integrate Clover into this build." in the Miscellaneous tab of the Job configuration. The text box there is available for users who purchased Clover licenses before it became open source, as their licenses are still valid.

The other option in the Miscellaneous job config is "Clover is already integrated into this build and a clover.xml file will be produced." With this option selected, please add Clover into your pom.xml for Maven to read (Clover-for-Maven: Basic usage), or build.xml for Ant (Clover-for-Ant: Quickstart guide) – the license portions no longer apply.

For Maven, you can add the following Goals to your command (or Maven task):

clover:setup 
clover:aggregate
clover:clover

For Ant, you can use the following arguments when calling Ant – and/or in your Ant task:

with.clover
clover.xml

I hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions!

Thanks,

Elias

Developer Tools Support | Atlassian

0 votes
Doron Horwitz December 28, 2017

Thanks @Elias Zeidan (they/them), very helpful.

The warning message need to be updated then, explaining what you've just explained to me.

Is there any ticket open to fix that message?

Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2017

Hi @Doron Horwitz

I have just filed two requests:

Please feel free to vote, comment, and watch both of these issues.

If there is anything else we can assist with, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Thanks,

Elias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events