Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearcase plugin for Bamboo 5.5.0

Yogeshkumar More May 18, 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to evaluate Bamboo for our CI purpose (using 30 day trial licence).

We are using Clearcase.

May i know if there is any plugin available for this version?

If yes, could you please provide a link?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
shari_anderson May 19, 2014

Without a plugin you could

1) install ClearCase (command line version) and perform a create/update view then do the build.

2) create/update a build view on the ClearCase server and copy the source to the bamboo server (I don't favor this one as you lose source control integrity).

Yogeshkumar More May 20, 2014

Thanks Shari. I'lll go with option 1 then.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2014

Always check the marketplace first - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?q=clearcase

If there's no compatible version in there (from memory, I don't think there is), then no, I'm afraid you might be a bit stuck.

Yogeshkumar More May 18, 2014

Thanks Nic.

Can you suggest any alternative way to deal with this situation?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2014

I'm afraid the answer here is "write one yourself" really. Or get a parter or contractor in to do it for you. You could take the source from an existing plugin, assuming it does what you want, and it's open-source.

Or see if you can contact the author and see if they're willing to do an update.

Or update to a decent source control system (I've worked with Clearcase. I'm trying not to show just how low my opinion of it is)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events