Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleanup xml-data directory on remote agent

Ralf Hupe November 16, 2017

Hi,

we are encountering some cleapnup / expiry issues on remote agents (6.0.3 and 6.2.2).

Global expiry settings do not seem to purge xml-data dirs on remote agents, even if the settings should find several files.

Now we are looking for a best (or recommended) practise solution to get some free disk space.

Would a script like this be useful and secure in consistency matters?

find /srv/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/ -maxdepth 1 -type d -mtime +14 |xargs rm -rf

Ralf

1 answer

1 vote
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hi Ralf,

Build expiry doesn't clean off the data from the remote agents. It looks after the bamboo server data only.

There are few improvement requests already in the system for the same:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13680

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13589

Since the agents transfer the build artifacts and other data to Bamboo, there is no relation so you can use the command which you have mentioned to clean the data which is 14 days older or whatever your requirement is.

I believe that Clean working directory after each build option in the Plan configuration is the proper solution for this problem.

Thanks

Ralf Hupe November 16, 2017

Hi Robhit,

thank you heaps for the hints. I was aware of the "Clean working directory after each build" options but we were looking for a more global solution. To prevent to reconfigure every single build plan.

robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hi Ralf,

I was thinking of having a script in the machine where the remote agent is.

Then use this script to check for disk usage at a certain time interval.

If the disk usage reaches 80% or whatever, execute the command which you mentioned earlier to delete the data from the agent directories.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events