Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean up branch only when deleted

Ken Williams February 6, 2017

I've had some nasty troubles lately where a key branch plan (like "master") got unexpectedly deleted after 30 days of inactivity.  

In general, I'd think people would want a branch plan deleted after the branch itself is deleted, but not after the branch sits idle for a while.  It's pretty common that any given branch could sit idle for that long without us wanting to entirely forget it, and it's especially nasty that Bamboo won't automatically re-enable the branch upon the next push, because it only creates branch plans for new branches, not new pushes to existing branches.

Could that be added as an option?  The ability to clean up branch plans only after the branch is deleted?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Ken Williams February 7, 2017

Thanks @Jobin Kuruvilla - I didn't realize it was configurable, that looks like it will do nicely.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2017

You can configure the build to not automatically delete the inactive branches.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/using-plan-branches-289276872.html#Usingplanbranches-Automaticbranchmanagement

Have you tried it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events