Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean Bamboo Agent build-dir

Daniel Hopper January 13, 2014

The disk usage on our Bamboo Agents has grown considerably. What I want to know is if it is safe to periodically completely delete the build-dir on the Bamboo agents to free up space. Like every 2 weeks just completely delete the entire directory.

I imagine this should be fine as all the necessary information is sent back to the main Bamboo server correct?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

If the agent isn't currently using the directory, then yes it is safe to remove the entire contents but that may not really solve your issue. Unless you are shuffling through branches and wait for Bamboo to expire them (no more activity but branch is still in VCS) you are likely to fill up the same space when normal activity resumes and things begin to build again. We've bit the bullet of time and just have it clean the working directory after each use.

Daniel Hopper January 13, 2014

Part of the issue is that Bamboo doesn't in fact clean up Branch Plans and will leave them hanging around taking up disk space on the agents. I don't really want to waste time having to check to see if the branch plans still exist as if they do Bamboo will just recreate them.

Todd Ellner May 14, 2015

Jason Monsom, I had been wondering about this. The amount of space the build-dir takes up, even with nightly pruning, is currently keeping us from upgrading Bamboo.

1 vote
roy_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

Be careful - the git cache is also in that directory. If you want to do so, I would schedule downtime for the instance to allow the cache to not be impacted.

I personally have created scripts to clean in the .m2/agentid folder and have periodically deleted target directories within build-dir folders based on age of their contents.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events