Child plans are using improper artifacts when specifying a branch

Guillaume des Pommare September 22, 2015

Hello,

I am experiencing issues, as a bamboo user (Atlassian Bamboo version 5.8.1 build 5866) with dependencies between plan.

Let's say  I have a stash repo with one master branch , one develop branch. I have a given plan with default branch master and plan branch develop named "M".

I also configured two dependent plans C1 and C2. Both are working with same stash repository. C1 is only working with master branch. C2 is working with develop branch. (Plan configuration / repo / branch, and no plan branch).

What I would expect: if M is built with plan branch master, the C1 is triggered. If M is built with plan branch develop, the C2 is triggered.

What I can see: this is the case, but the artifacts which are used are incorrect.

M <-> C1 is okay. When a change occurs on master, M is built, artifact are created. Then C1 is triggered, the artifacts coming from master are used by C1 

M <-> C2 is not okay. When a change occurs on develop, M is built, artifact are created. Then C2 is triggered,  the artifacts coming from master are used by C2 (instead of the one previously built).

Dependency configuration is:

Could it be a bad configuration ? Or maybe a bug ?

Thanks for your help. Regards,

Guillaume 

2 answers

0 votes
Guillaume des Pommare September 22, 2015

There is no option to select a branch. From what I can understand (coming from documentation and jira) artifact download tries to match the plan branch with the parent branch. If there is a match, then this artifact is taken, if not, then the one from default branch is taken.

I can't find in UI any place where you can specify a branch in artifact download job.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2015

You should be able to specify the branch in the artifact download task. Are you not able to do that? See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13584

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events