Child plans are using improper artifacts when specifying a branch

Hello,

I am experiencing issues, as a bamboo user (Atlassian Bamboo version 5.8.1 build 5866) with dependencies between plan.

Let's say  I have a stash repo with one master branch , one develop branch. I have a given plan with default branch master and plan branch develop named "M".

I also configured two dependent plans C1 and C2. Both are working with same stash repository. C1 is only working with master branch. C2 is working with develop branch. (Plan configuration / repo / branch, and no plan branch).

What I would expect: if M is built with plan branch master, the C1 is triggered. If M is built with plan branch develop, the C2 is triggered.

What I can see: this is the case, but the artifacts which are used are incorrect.

M <-> C1 is okay. When a change occurs on master, M is built, artifact are created. Then C1 is triggered, the artifacts coming from master are used by C1 

M <-> C2 is not okay. When a change occurs on develop, M is built, artifact are created. Then C2 is triggered,  the artifacts coming from master are used by C2 (instead of the one previously built).

Dependency configuration is:

Could it be a bad configuration ? Or maybe a bug ?

Thanks for your help. Regards,

Guillaume 

2 answers

0 vote

You should be able to specify the branch in the artifact download task. Are you not able to do that? See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13584

There is no option to select a branch. From what I can understand (coming from documentation and jira) artifact download tries to match the plan branch with the parent branch. If there is a match, then this artifact is taken, if not, then the one from default branch is taken.

I can't find in UI any place where you can specify a branch in artifact download job.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,568 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you