Changing repo based on build parameter.

Brendan Cook June 17, 2017

Hi,

so I am fairly new to Bamboo.  One thing I have previously done with Jenkins is to have the repository url set as a build parameter.  So I just have one plan that is able to trigger on scm changes in the staging repo, but it's possible to just "run customised" and specify a local repo a user has served, or the baseline repo, without having to clone the plan and create a new linked repository.

Is this a thing in Bamboo.  Does anyone have a recommendation.  

I understand this repo setup may not be optimal, but it's not something I necessarily have control over.

1 answer

1 vote
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2017

2 suggestions that might work for you:

- use a bamboo variable when defining repository url. Define the value for that variable in your plan: that will be your 'default' url. Use 'run customised' to override. Caveat: this will work assuming you can use the same credentials to both repos.

- use Plan Branches feature. Despite its name, you can actually override complete repository definition and use it to build from different url. Simply create a branch then go to its 'repository' configuration tab and edit it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events