Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Artifact path to network attach storage

brent bae December 1, 2017

I've setup and configured bamboo instance on Azure VM and it was okay for few month until we reach the storage limit due to size of artifacts generated from each build. 

So we decided to attach Azure storage(NAS) to the bamboo server(VM) so that we can store the artifacts on the Azure storage

I configured the bamboo artifact directory by following instruction on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/changing-paths-location-in-bamboo-427622809.html

So basically I create artifacts folder in Azure storage so that the path to the artifact directory is something like /nasshare/bamboo/artifacts where /nasshare is Azure storage mounted on Bamboo server. 

However, when bamboo runs a build plan which generates and greeting.txt as a artifact, I get following errors:

com.atlassian.bamboo.build.artifact.ServerLocalArtifactHandler: /opt/bamboo/bamboo-home/artifacts2/plan-11468801/JOB1/build-00006/greeting/greeting.txt: Operation not permitted

Unable to publish artifact [greeting]: Unable to publish artifact Job artifact: [greeting], pattern: [greeting.txt] for BAMT-AT-JOB1-6 via com.atlassian.bamboo.build.artifact.ServerLocalArtifactHandler@6dec53d4

When I check the directory, Bamboo actually creates greeting.txt file on that path but for some reason i fails to publish it and generate such error.

I have checked ownership and permissions for nasshare/bamboo/artifacts, the owner:group is not the same user and different group from the bamboo user but permission is actually 777. so should not be permission issue i guess..

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2017

Hi Brent,

If I am correct using Bamboo 6.2 or higher which has Artifact Handler Feature. This feature has different options available to configure upon which creation and publish of artifacts depends.

Creation and publish of artifacts in Bamboo are two different things.
If Bamboo is able to create the artifacts but unable to publish them then I think you are missing some configuration here and resulting in the above error.

You can refer this document to see what configuration will suit your requirement:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/bamboo-artifact-handlers-use-case-scenarios-939695899.html

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events