Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed a Bamboo password variable but build does not reflect change - uses old value

Allison Ross March 16, 2015

I have setup a Bamboo password. I have changed the password but when i do a build I still get the old value. Is there something I need to do after making a change to a variable after saving it? 

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Allison Ross March 17, 2015

I tested changing the variable in my test plan and it worked. Difference - My production plan has a trigger that polls every 3 minutes and my test plan has no trigger defined. I think that has something to do with it. In any case I now have a work around. Thank you to all. 

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2015

Hello Allison, Thank you for your update. Ok, you have created a Bamboo variable under your Plan configuration (Defining plan variables - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Defining+plan+variables). Could you please let me know where are you calling this variable? If possible, could you attach a screenshot as suggested in previous message? — Kind regards, Rafael P. Sperafico Atlassian Support

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

Make sure you run a new build after changing the plan configuration. If you rerun a build - the previous configuration that was configured when the build was triggered will be used.

Thanks Daniel. I was doing a new build but I will file away that advice on a rerun. Good to know. Allison

0 votes

Thanks Rafael,

I am using Bamboo  5.7.2 build. I created password variables in the variables tab of my plan. I named my variables, for example:

xx_password

I don't believe I have had this issue before but something that is different from other password variables is that this one is all numbers whereas others are alphanumeric. 

I appreciate any help. Full disclosure: I am a Bamboo newbie.

Allison

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2015

Hello Allison,

Thank you for your question.

What is the Bamboo version you are currently running?

I have setup a Bamboo password.

Where did you set up a Bamboo password?

I have changed the password but when i do a build I still get the old value.

How are you changing the password?

Please, attach a screenshot to illustrate locations  to the inquires above.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events