Change "completed" dates in Bamboo

Jacob Zwiers April 24, 2014

Bamboo seems to output the "completed" info for a build / deployment as "one minute ago", "two weeks ago", etc. in lists.

How can this be changed to a timestamp so we can see "YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss" instead?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2014

Hi Jacob,

You can have this customization by updating the following files:

Updating your dashboard, please open up <bamboo-home>/atlassian-bamboo/fragments/plan/displayWideBuildPlansList.ftl and search for the following:

&lt;td&gt;

[#if latestResultsSummary.successful || latestResultsSummary.failed]

&lt;span id="lastBuiltSummary${latestResultsSummary.planKey}" title="${latestResultsSummary.buildCompletedDate?datetime?string('hh:mm a, EEE, d MMM')}"&gt;${latestResultsSummary.relativeBuildDate}&lt;/span&gt;

[#else]

&lt;span id="lastBuiltSummary${latestResultsSummary.planKey}"&gt;[@ww.text name='buildResult.completedBuilds.defaultDurationDescription'/]&lt;/span&gt;

[/#if]

&lt;/td&gt;

Please, update

&lt;span id="lastBuiltSummary${latestResultsSummary.planKey}" title="${latestResultsSummary.buildCompletedDate?datetime?string('hh:mm a, EEE, d MMM')}"&gt;${latestResultsSummary.relativeBuildDate}&lt;/span&gt;

within

&lt;span id="lastBuiltSummary${latestResultsSummary.planKey}" title="${latestResultsSummary.buildCompletedDate?datetime?string('hh:mm a, EEE, d MMM')}"&gt;${latestResultsSummary.buildCompletedDate?datetime?string('yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss a')} - ${latestResultsSummary.relativeBuildDate}&lt;/span&gt;

Unfortunately, there is a javascript (batch.js) that updates the dashboard every 1000ms and I would not recommend you overwriting it.

Kind regards,
Rafael
Jacob Zwiers April 24, 2014

To clarify, this is a system-wide configuration (rather than a user-specific setting), then? Meaning: as a developer who uses the system, I would need to request this change from the admin team who manages Bamboo?

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2014

Hi Jacob,

Let me have a look if is there any backlog created to what you are requesting. Otherwise, I am going to create a request and reply back to you within the link to where you can become a watcher and vote to create its popularity.

Kind regards,
Rafael

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2014

Hi Jacob,

Unfortunately the functionality you're requesting is not currently implemented in Bamboo.

I have found an issue in our development issue tracker for this functionality:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-12418

I would suggest adding any comments to the issue above as well as [voting|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Watching+and+Voting+on+an+Issue] on the issue to create it's popularity and likelihood of being implemented in a future release.

For more information on how Atlassian implements new features and improvements please see the following document:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy

My apologies that I don't have a solution for you at this time.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Jacob Zwiers April 27, 2014

Rafael, thank you for your detailed help.

I should have been more clear. By "admin team who manages Bamboo" I meant my organization's system administration team who manages our local installation of Bamboo.

If I understand you correctly, they can change the files which you've identified in your original response. However, they will be system-wide settings and not configurable per-user. Do I have that right?

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2014

Hi Jacob,

What I have provided you will overwrite settings system-wide as there is no option already implemented to do what you have asked for.

If you would like to have this functionality implemented, I would kindly ask you to visit the link I have provided you and become a watcher as well as voting to increase/create its popularity.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events