Change plan build directory

Neil Wheeler August 6, 2012

I have a customised EC2 image based on the Atlassian stock windows image. I've added an EBS volume mounted as drive V:. Then checked out our svn repo to V:\svn.

I'm hoping to configure the Bamboo plan to use this directory to check out the repo, to save it being checked out in full each time.

Any ideas where I can configure this? I'm guessing I need to change the build-dir.

I currently see this in the log;

Working directory 'C:\build-dir\XXX-PLAN-JOB1' is empty. Checking out SVN URL 'https://abc.atlassian.net/svn/XXX/trunk'

So I need to configure the working directory?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2012
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2012

It will. The section about agents does apply to OnDemand because you're in control of the EC2 instance.

At the top of that article it says;

The information on this page does not apply to Bamboo OnDemand.

Are you saying this will work with OnDemand?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
August 6, 2012

That's right, it will go to XXX-PLAN-JOB. You can't change it unless you manage your checkout on your own (by adding script tasks).

Ok got you.

So I can change the <buildworkingdirectory> to V:\svn by modifying bamboo-agent.cfg.xml

But presumably the svn checkout will now go to V:\svn\XXX-PLAN-JOB1?

How do I make it checkout to V:\svn regardless of the plan and job?

Neil Wheeler August 9, 2012

I tried changing bamboo-agent.cfg.xml to point to my desired working directory. But each time I rebooted my instance it would revert back. I found that making the change in bamboo-agent.cfg.template.xml has the desired effect.

Again, no mention of this in the documentation that I can see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events