Change Bamboo Agent identity?

Eric Hood July 11, 2016

Short form:  Can I change the identity of the agent from SYSTEM?

Longer form:

I've been trying to change the identity of Bamboo from running under my identity to a dedicated build server acct.  The service is now running under this acct, and the acct has been given appropriate folder permissions. My problem is when I use Visual Studio to build the solution and its projects.  VS has to be registered to use it, and I've done this for the build acct.  I'm calling this action via Bamboo's script task, but it's not running it as the build acct.  Some debugging shows it's running as:

This process is running as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM -- (mydomain)\\SYSTEM

Everything indicates the agent is running the script as the SYSTEM acct, which I haven't figured out how to register that acct to use Visual Studio.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2016

You cannot register the system account for this and it will give problems with other things too (my experience).

It looks like your agent runs as system and not as the account you think you configured it for. Please note that the agent cannot itself switch to the system account it must already running it. SYSTEM is the default account for services (services.exe runs as SYSTEM). Have you given your service account Logon As Service permissions? Have you configured this in the Services control panel?

Eric Hood July 11, 2016

You were absolutely right, the service acct log on was set to "Local System Account", not the one I had set up for hit.  I could've swore I set it up to use the build service acct, but seems I hadn't.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events