Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open Bamboo in browser

Jason Erickson March 3, 2014

Hello,

I have a Bamboo instance running on a linux server that we access remotely through a web browser. I was recently configuring the mail server in the web interface and the service shut down unexpectedly. I logged into the linux server and it said that Bamboo was still running but I wasn't able to access the dashboard. I restarted the Bamboo service via the /etc/init.d/bamboo script as well as the './bamboo.sh console' command. I was able to temporarily get back in but the same problem has occurred and I cannot even load the dashboard.

I've restarted the server that Bamboo is running on as well and still get nothing. At this time, Bamboo is running on the server but the browser still cannot find the application.

Thanks,

Jason

2 answers

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2014

Hi Jason,

Since you are running Bamboo on a Linux environment, could you run the following into your terminal and check if there is only one Bamboo instance running, please?

ps aux | grep bamboo

If you find more than one as a result to the command above, would you please stop them all and start a Bamboo instance, please?

As Jeff Thomas had mentioned on his comment, would be possible to search for the [ERROR] tag followed by its thread until you reach "caused by" under "<bamboo-installation>/logs/ atlassian-bamboo.log" and post it as a comment, please?

In case the partial log aren't enough to indentify the error you are exepriencing, I would recommend you opening a Support request.

--

Kind regards,

Rafael

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2014

Hey Jason, could you post some of your atlassian-bamboo.log file? It might provide some errors on why Bamboo is not responding.

You may also want to try opening a support request if it's an urgent issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events