Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get MSTest task to run correctly

Benjamin Rice December 27, 2011

I created an MSTest task in my Bamboo job. The task fails with the report that the directory name is invalid. However, when I run the same command-line command that Bamboo is running from the command prompt, the test runs successfully. Here's what the command looks like:

C: Program Files (x86) Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0 Common7 IDE MSTest.exe /testcontainer:EMSTests bin Debug EMSTests.dll /resultsfile:EMStestresults.trx

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Sean Dockery August 1, 2013

If you are running Bamboo as a service, try configuring the service to run as an actual user rather than the built-in SYSTEM account.

0 votes
Deleted user July 10, 2013

I am running into the exact same thing. If I run the the same command line command it works but in Bamboo I get the error "The directory name is invalid.". I have triple checked that the path is correct and that the casing is correct as well. Please advise.

10-Jul-2013 16:06:51 Microsoft (R) Test Execution Command Line Tool Version 10.0.30319.1
10-Jul-2013 16:06:51 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
10-Jul-2013 16:06:51
10-Jul-2013 16:06:51 Loading CsvCompareTest\bin\Debug\CsvCompareTest.dll...
10-Jul-2013 16:06:51 CsvCompareTest\bin\Debug\CsvCompareTest.dll
10-Jul-2013 16:06:51 The directory name is invalid.
0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2011

What is the current working directory when executing the bamboo task? If "EMSTests" is the root directory of your source repository check-out, then maybe the /testContainer you actually want is just "bin\Debug\EMSTests.dll"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events