Cannot change branch of second repository in Plan Branch Repositories section?

Daniel DiVita January 17, 2018

I am running version 6.3.1 of Bamboo. Reading the release notes for 6.3 it states that repository branches can be changed. I have 2 repositories setup in a plan. It seems only the default plan can be changed. The second repository can only be set to what ever is in the main plan. Is this correct? If I make the second repository the "default" or first in the plan list I still cannot change the branch in the plan branch settings. I also tried to setup a plan branch manually and I cannot change either repositorys' branch. The only select I have is "master"

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel DiVita March 14, 2018

Turns out this is a bug in bamboo. If you are using Username and Passwords to access your repositories and have more than one repository, the login credentials are not being passed properly for the non-primary repositories. Once i was able to upgrade my Bamboo license I was able to get support. There really should be a limited support window for Bamboo. For those who don;t have access to support this issue may not have been found out. Its kind of a big issue, at least to our use case.

0 votes
Frederik February 2, 2018

Are you using linked repositories? If so you may be running into https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-16101.

Daniel DiVita February 2, 2018

No, I am not using linked repos.

Repo 1:

Repo1.JPGRepo 2 (You will notice I can only select the Dev branch. there are more branches than just Dev): Repo 2.JPG

Frederik February 2, 2018

Sounds like you should contact support about this.

That's the problem, with our current license I can only write on the forums. Its kind of counter-productive since we sill paid money for it. I don't expect having access to a full support team, but allow one or 2 questions during this license period. For the most part Bamboo is rather easy to use and intuitive. 

0 votes
Daniel DiVita January 18, 2018

Can anyone from the Atlassian team speak to this? The documentation does not seem to indicate that plan branching is limited to the default branch.

Daniel DiVita January 23, 2018

Can anybody respond to this? 

0 votes
Daniel DiVita January 17, 2018

I saw this post, but I wonder if the functionality has changed or if I have to perform a work around.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events