Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you create a custom script task plugin?

Ciaran Donoghue July 3, 2017

I have been trying to create a custom script task plugin in bamboo so that people can use that task everytime it is needed instead of writing out the script task everytime and changing the small values for every small changed needed.  Is it possible to create a plugin script task, for example I would like the bamboo plugin task that reads in bamboo variables as simple as ${bamboo.deploy.version}.  For the script I use powershell so I was wondering it it was possible to basically place that inside a plugin so that it gets the required information everytime without the need for people to do that.

The script look like this:

& "${bamboo.build.working.directory}\devops\scripts\app-dynamics-deployment-notification.ps1" `
    -applicationName Integration `
    -summary "${bamboo.deploy.project} was deployed to ${bamboo.deploy.environment}" `
    -comment "Deployed version: ${bamboo.deploy.version}, Previous Version: ${bamboo.deploy.release.previous}, triggered by: ${bamboo.ManualBuildTriggerReason.userName}"

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2017

To create a custom script task,  you can just follow the plugin development tutorial on How to write a task in Bamboo and place your code inside it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events