All our database and webserver instances are in AWS singapore region.
And our bamboo instance is in AWS N.Virginia region.
Because of this we are not able to run automatic deployments from bamboo to our test instance which are in different regions.
Is it possible to move existing bamboo from N.Virginia to Singapore region?
If possible, please guide us. If not possible then how can we have automated deloys between diff regions?
But the main issues are:
1. After selecting the Singapore region in bamboo i don't see any image configuration on "Manage elastic image configurations" page.
2. Second issue related to security group. We have staging instances in VPC and non-VPC but from bamboo instance these instances not accesible by "\\hostname\C$". So we are trying to put bamboo instance under the same security group as our staging instance but this option is disabled for bamboo instance.
1. Atlassian does not provide/support images for regions other thatn US East 1. You can copy an image from US East to Singapore.
2. I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve. Bamboo instances will be started with two groups - elasticbamboo and ControlledByBamboo. You can add rules to these groups, but you cannot remove rules or add security groups.
We copied exist image from Virginia to Singapoor with AMI ID = ami-52570300
But when i try to register new image configuration in bamboo and map it to ami-52570300 i recived error:
Unable to contact AWS to get AMI details: AmazonServiceException: Status Code: 400, AWS Service: AmazonEC2, AWS Request ID: d747904a-e399-45b6-a907-06a0e277c272, AWS Error Code: InvalidAMIID.NotFound, AWS Error Message: The image id '[ami-52570300]' does not exist
What you can advice ?
What have we done....
1) Copied the AMI image from N.Virgibnia region to Singapore region
2) Logged in to Bamboo admin-->Configuration Edit --> Changed AWS Region from (US East - Northern Virginia) to Asia Pacific (Singapore)-->Save
All settings were working when linked to N.Virginia. So, We have not changed any other settings like AWS access key id
3) Clicled on image Configurations--> New Name Given--> Copy,Pasted the AMI id from AWS console (ami-52570300)-->Selected Windows from Product dropdown-->Save.
Results in error "Unable to contact AWS to get AMI details: AmazonServiceException: Status Code: 400, AWS Service: AmazonEC2, AWS Request ID: 30858045-5bc2-4656-bec9-e4a20109202f, AWS Error Code: InvalidAMIID.NotFound, AWS Error Message: The image id '[ami-52570300]' does not exist"
With respective to your previous reply,
We have only 1 account with AWS. So we are using that account for both N.Virginia and Singapore regions.
Please let us know, if we are missing any thing. How do we link this new copied image to our Elastic Bamboo.
Do you want us to provide any screen shots of our image properties or any other information?
Thank you Przemek
With Tokyo we are able to create new image configuration in appropriate region
But there is other issue related to perfomance. Now on this new instance the "Publishing an artifact" proccess takes much more time than before when instance was in Virginia - now 50 mins and before was 2 mins
What you advice ?
Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot