Can two different bamboo servers have a common bamboo agent?

Juan Peraza September 2, 2016

I have a scenario, where my IT department has a Bamboo Server in two separate sites.  Let's say, site A and site B.  Site A's Bamboo Server has a remote Bamboo Agent, that we'll refer to as Mac.  I'd like the Bamboo Server at Site B to also have Mac as a remote Bamboo Agent.  Can two different Bamboo Servers "have" a common remote agent?  Assume there is required connectivity.  I just wonder if Bamboo supports this.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dana Cleveland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2016

Assuming connectivity of course.. 

I do this actually very often. I have a Test and a Production Bamboo Server that i will have multiple agents on the same server that point to either my test or production bamboo at the same time..  I kick off jobs on either Bamboo server. As far as they are considered they do not see it other. They just know they have an agent running on that server.

So to be clear.. you basically run 2 independent instances of the agent software on the same server.. Agent Instance A listens to Bamboo server A, and Agent Instance B listens to Bamboo Server B. The Bamboo servers themselves don't 'share' the one instance of the agent.

Juan Peraza September 2, 2016

Sounds logical, I'll try that.  Thx.

Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2016

So answering the question: 2 Bamboo instances cannot use single agent instance, but you're free to run multiple agent instances on the same host (but on different ports and separate bamboo-agent-home directories).

2 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2016

No, Bamboo doesn't support agent sharing between several servers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events