Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can two bamboo remote agents share the same build working area?

Nigel Longton May 28, 2012

We have a CI server that is running multiple agents - currently the agents dont share any build area. This leads to multiple svn checkouts of the same code depending in which agent builds a plan.

Can I set up the agents to share the build area so make checkouts 'quicker'?

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2012

Bamboo will do that automatically if you disable concurrent builds. There's no other way.

Nigel Longton May 28, 2012

surely i have to configure each agent to have the same build area in their config files as well?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2012

I thought you were talking about local agents. If you're using remote agents, yes, you do have to specify the same build directory in bamboo-agent.cfg.xml.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
May 28, 2012

In general, such setup for remote agents is neither recommended nor supported - but it may work.

schow-lmi3d January 9, 2019

Wouldn't using the same build directory for two remote agents cause conflict? For example, if a plan is run twice, the Same build directory would be used and cause issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events