Can't install Bamboo plugins

Sergey Morkovkin October 23, 2012

We're trying to get started with Bamboo trial version, but can't find how to install Bamboo plugins.

In "Administration > Bamboo > Plugins > Manage Plugins" it shows "The Universal Plugin Manager (v2.4.1) by Atlassian", which I believe is a deprecated version of the UPM. I've tried to upload new plugins to the running instance itself, and then restart agent. Nothing is reflected in the UPM. I believe, plugins should somehow be installed through the UPM. How do we resolve this?

Sergey

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Hi Sergey,

I believe you are using the Ondemand version of Bamboo which has a limitation that does not allow users to install third-party plugins. Bamboo is bundled with most of the poipular supported plugins. For more details on the restricted funcctions in ondemand pls read https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

Sergey Morkovkin October 23, 2012

How could we then upload files via SCP to production server? Should this be a custom shell script?

Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Hi Sergey,

You guess it right. This has to be done outside of Bamboo using custom scripts. The Bamboo SCP plugin which is available for standlalone actually gives users the chance to write the script as a post build task

0 votes
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2012

Hi Sergey,

Installating plugins in OnDemand is a restricted function per this page:

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

And Bamboo self installed can't be integrated with JIRA OnDemand.

All the best.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events