Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get visual studios build configuration right

Aaron Beauvais January 17, 2012

I have a Release|Win32 and a Release|x64 configuration in visual studios every time I try one of them via bamboo I get an error like this:

17-Jan-2012 16:31:07 'x64' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
17-Jan-2012 16:31:07 operable program or batch file.

I have tried wrapping it in single then double quotes or 2 double quotes and it still doesn't work. The options parameter should work like this /rebuild "Release|x64" works outside of bamboo but not within

4 answers

1 vote
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2012

I think you're experiencing a known bug Bamboo (to be precise: in bamboo-dotnet-plugin), see this ticket:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-9922

It's possible you could workaround the problem by using the devenvrunner.bat attached to the BAM-9922, but I don't know where exactly you should inject it into your Bamboo instance - probably you would have to rebuild the bamboo-dotnet-plugin (https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/bamboo-dotnet-plugin).

Aaron Beauvais January 17, 2012

Ya that looks to be what I am experiencing. Not sure how to rebuild it though. We are just evaluating this product as a potential build system instead of what we have in place now.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2012

Hm... I'm not 100% sure this will work (btw: which Bamboo version are you evaluating?), but I think you could try the following:

Grab the https://maven.atlassian.com/content/groups/m1/com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.dotnet/jars/atlassian-bamboo-plugin-dotnet-3.4.jar and replace the atlassian-bamboo-plugin-dotnet-x.x.jar you have in your BAMBOO/webapp/WEB-INF/lib directory (remove the old .jar). Then restart Bamboo instance. Depending on which Bamboo version you have and some luck factor this might resolve the problem with '|' (pipe) characters in the goal field. Or might not. :(

0 votes
Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

In the extra environment variables on the task where you generate the solution files you need to add:

{code}Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\amd64{/code}

Then you should be able to build with

{code}devenv project.sln /build Release{/code}

and set the platform to amd64.

I'm assuming you're using the Visual Studio builder tool in bamboo?

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2012

You'll need to give us the bamboo build output so we have more context.

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2012

Hi. Thanks for reporting this. Could you please include the details of your build configuration? What version of Bamboo are you using? Can you include the portion of the build log that shows the full command line that bamboo _tried_ to execute?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events