Can i dump all my custom bamboo variables to a file

Jacobus van Heerden January 24, 2016

I have a lot of different bamboo plans and each with its own set of custom variables. I take these variables and then add them to the apache virtual hosts file. 

But that means for every virtual hosts file i need to echo the or substitute the variables to the file. IS there a way i can just tell bamboo during a plan run to get all the custom variables on the plan and just echo it out to a file?

2 answers

1 vote
Jacobus van Heerden January 24, 2016

Thanks. Where is the log located if i dump it to log? Maybe i can then read them from the log? This would actually be a great feature in bamboo.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2016

Log is stored at server side and agent don't have access to it. So you need to create plugin to dump all variables to file at agent side. As reference you can look at implementation of 

com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.variable.debug.DumpVariablesTask from bamboo-variable-inject-plugin
0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2016

Hello @Jacobus van Heerden,

There is no built-in task for it except Dump variables to log. You can use it to debug your plan configuration

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events