Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an older Bamboo use the newer svnkit library?

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2011

Is it possible to drop the newer svnkit library into Bamboo 2.5, or are the libraries not compatible?? I'd like to get the subversion checkout speed improvements that we see in evaluating bamboo 3.1.1

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2012

I never tried it, just felt it was too risky. We eventually upgraded to Bamboo 3.4.3 and the new svnkit is MUCH faster. In additional, we use 'svn export' as much as possible, only do a few checkouts in places that have to be checkouts.

0 votes
ReneR
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2011

If your 'svn checkout' commands are taking too long:

* Tune your SVN repo

* Move to a DVCS that's faster

* Refactor your repo so it is smaller. Think about using svn:externals for dependencies

* In the Plan's source repository there is an Advanced tab where you can change to do an 'svn export' instead of an 'svn checkout'. This works faster: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Specifying+the+Source+Repository+for+a+Plan

* Tune the network bandwith where your checkout occurs and see if you can improve it

0 votes
Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2011

@Keenth, did you try updating your Bamboo 2.5 to newer svnkit library? If so did it help the checkout time? I am using Bamboo 2.3.1 and SVN checkout is really slow taking 4 hrs for one plan, native svn command line checkout only took 20 mins. and jsvn checkout took 1 hour.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2011

Me too, I had to do it with Fisheye and it worked fine. Therefore my advice is: give it a try, it will probably work!

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2011

I remember doing this with fisheye years ago. Sometimes it was just as easy as replacing all the jars with the newer ones. But I'm not sure with Bamboo, hence just a comment :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events