Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Bamboo agent automatically detect executables on a system?

Mark McD September 16, 2012

We use a fairly standard build across most of our dev / testing servers, including our common tools (debuild, gcc, prove, etc). As far as I can tell, Bamboo requires me to configure each agent that comes online with each of the binaries that are installed that the various jobs will need.

As we grow I can see this maintenance task getting larger & larger, both as we add / replace remote agents and as we add more tasks to each of our plans.

Given that I've already provided a name & path to an executable once (e.g. gcc: /usr/bin/gcc), can Bamboo automatically pick this up on all future agents?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2012

If all your agents are the same, you can create a single bamboo-capabilities.properties file that lists all your common capabilities and provide it to the agent at startup.

Mark McD September 16, 2012

Awesome, thanks. In my case this will certainly help, though I'm still keen on automated detection.

Richard Cross February 12, 2015

And if they're not?

Danny H. January 11, 2017

@James Dumay [Atlassian] Yeah. Well its not working^^ 

echo $PATH

/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

cat /root/bamboo-agent-home/bin/bamboo-capabilities.properties
system.builder.command.Docker-Compose /usr/local/bin/docker-compose

0 votes
mike warren June 17, 2014

The docs don't say how to define custom executables, and I've tried a few things (like system.scons=/usr/bin/scons or system.scons.executable=/usr/bin/scons) but can't make it "go" (they all just end up in Custom). Any hints please?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events