Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can JUnit Parser Task select a directory outside of the job directory?

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

I want to split my build into a Build and a Test Job. I can set working directory on script tasks so my test job runs in the build job's directory.

When I set JUnit Parser to look for custom results directory I see test results but get a failure message "Could not find test result reports in the /opt/builds/build-dir/PROJ-PLAN-TEST directory."

JUnit Parser Setting: ../PROJ-PLAN-BUILD/**/target/surefire-reports/*.xml

Has anyone done this kind of split?

Thanks

Peter

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

Bamboo 4.4.2 JUnit Parser bug blocks normal use of shared dependencies. For a viable multi job project one should:

• Create share test-results artifact in test job
  • Depend on test-results artifact in subsequent report job
  • Add script in report job that copies files to a new location
    • Moving directory - not enough
    • Touch files in place to set modification dates - not enough
  • Point JUnit Parser at the copied files

Running on linux, I added a script task to copy the files

if [ -d generated ]; then
  rm -rf generated
fi
mkdir generated

rsync -av target generated

I'm told this bug is fixed in 5.0.1 but upgrading bamboo is a multi-week endeavor that needs to be scheduled carefully.

0 votes
Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2013

The solution is to share test results artifact from "BUILD" job and depend on it in "TEST" job. This copies the results between the two jobs which would be essential if the jobs execute on different systems.

Related Link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Configuring+artifact+sharing+between+jobs

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events