Can I use bitbucket and bamboo integration with shared artifacts?

Adam Porich September 8, 2017

If I have 2 bitbucket repositories that build on bamboo, "A" and "B" with automatically create plan branches enabled. And "A" has a shared artifact "blah" and "B" depends on that artifact.

If I create a branch in "A" called "bling" by pushing to the bitbucket repository bamboo will build "A" correctly resulting in a new "blah" artifact which I can download from bamboo.

But there does not seem to be anyway to trigger a build of "B" or fetch the artifacts from that branch of "A" at all. I can select the "Plan" but not the "Plan branch"

I get that it's a complicated problem. i.e. probably can't autogenerate combinations of "B" and "A" because a couple of dependant projects and a half dozen branches in each would get close to a denial of service. But can we at least request a specific branch of an upstream artifact somehow. Bamboo seems to have a copy already anyway.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2017

Hi Adam,

From what you're describing, there is a feature request you may be interested in at BAM-16769 - Artifact downloader should allow for selection of arbitrary branch from selected plan.

In regards to the dependencies, they will work with the "same branch" so the "bling" branch of A will only trigger a "bling" branch of B.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events