Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I skip an artifact requirement for disabled Bamboo jobs?

Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

I have a job that has a dependency on a previous job that defines an artifact. If I disable the previous job, the subsequent job will fail because the artifact is not generated. Is there a way to allow the subsequent job to notice when the previous job is disabled and skip the requirement for its artifact to exist?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ssetayeshfar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2013

Hi Brent,

For the second job that has a dependency on a previously generated artifact, you should be able to skip the artifact checking stage by navigating to the Artifacts tab for this job and edit or delete the artifact dependencies that you have created for it. This way, it won't be dependent on the artifact created by the previous job that you have disabled, so the build won't fail because of it.

I hope this helps and I understood your question correctly.

Best,

Sepideh

Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2013

Thanks Sepideh. While that solution will work, it's a bit manual for my clients' liking. Suppose they have a plan with multipe jobs. If they disable a job then they will have to manually crawl through all the downstream jobs and delete the checks for any artifacts that job produced. Then, if the original job is re-enabled, someone has to go back and put that artifact check back into those downstream jobs. That's assuming you even know that there is an artifact dependency on those jobs since the plan's audit log does not keep track of the deletion of shared artifacts.

It would be nice if, artifact sharing/checking could be:

• Toggleable instead of just removable
  • There was an option on whether or not to make the absence of a shared artifact a fatal error or to continue with the job.
  • When disabling a job, downstream jobs automatically disable checking for artifacts that come from that job.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events