Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I run Bamboo jobs in parallel?

Saša Gaberšek October 13, 2017

I have a plan that checks out code, compiles and creates executables in the first stage. In the second stage there are two jobs, each containing a test run and post-processing tasks. My understanding was that jobs can run in parallel. There are enough resources on the remote agent to support that, but jobs are always executed sequentially.

Is there a way to speed up testing by executing jobs on the same plan in parallel?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

Jobs are executed in parallel. One agent can run one job in a time. To achieve goal of parallel job execution you need more than one agent

OK, so in the example below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-best-practice-using-stages-388401113.html

there are three agents running?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

if you talk about example scenario and multijob Stage 2 - yes, there're 3 agents 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2017

Use stages.

Stages execute sequentially within a plan by definition.

Like Kunal Dodeja likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events