Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I migrate from Bamboo On Demand?

Mike Delano July 8, 2013
I want to move from the hosted version of Bamboo to my own managed server. Can I backup my Bamboo On Demand data and import it to my own server running Bamboo?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

It seems that it's not possible to Export Data from Bamboo OnDemand due to its restricted functions policy.

Gary Kay July 11, 2013

If that is the case, then what does it mean "Option to migrate to your own server later' on the 'try bamboo' page (http://www.atlassian.com/software/bamboo/try/) in the OnDemand side? Where is 'my own server' if it's not in my data center as a download instance?

Jeff Curry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2013

Good catch- I'll reach out to the web team to update the verbage there as it's not currently possible for customers or support to export Bamboo OnDemand for standalone use.

For reference on what's possible to export currently- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Backing+up+and+exporting+data

Deleted user August 4, 2014

Is this still an issue?

We have a bamboo ondemand with ~50 build plans on it that we would like to migrate to our own dedicated server. It would take minutes to recreate the build plans instead of days if we could import from backup.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014
0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2013

Please contact support and ask them to export data for you. Data export is a restricted functionality for you, but it shouldn't be for them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events