Can I exclude certain files from an artifact directory?

Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

We have some Bamboo plans that copy directories as artifacts. The copy pattern is "**/test/output/**". Sometimes, some really large core dump files make their way into those directories. It doesn't take too many builds to start running our bamboo server out of space because we're copying all those core files.

Is there a pattern I can use to copy everything in those directories except files that start with the string "core"?

2 answers

1 vote
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Jamey,

You should just separate your artifacts (from the build side) into 3 parts deployments scripts, war file and properties file. Then from the deployment side, you can pick and choose which you want to package/deploy.

This would be the simplest solution. Why worry about the complexities of regex (though I'm not even sure it's possible to exclude artifacts).

Hope this helps!

Ron

Jamey Holden March 9, 2014

That makes sense, thank you. :)

0 votes
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2013

Yes, or at least I think so based on this page: http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fconcept-inclusion-exclusion-patterns.htm

which says in part (after declaring it's the same as the ANT patterns):

The inclusion and exclusion elements of the implicit PatternSet can be specified inside the directory-based task (or explicit fileset) via either:

• the attributes includes and excludes.
  • nested elements <include> and <exclude>.
  • external files specified with the attributes includesfile and excludesfile.
  • external files specified with the nested elements <includesfile> and <excludesfile>.

The syntax you may have to fiddle with but it is likely excludes=**core** or excludes=*core* or something like that. Since we don't use the xml structure in the copy patterns. May need a comma like **/test/output/**, excludes=*core* or something like that.

Jamey Holden March 3, 2014

Do you have any more information on this? I am creating a deployment artifact which contains the deployment scripts, a .war and a properties file. I want to exclude this properties file from the artifact, because it contains properties which are specific to the build server (for example the location/credentials of our test database instance). The properties file will be overwritten anyway when the deployment is run against a different environment, but it would be nice to have a clean artifact to be completely sure. :)

[EDIT] To be specific I have tried:

• deployment/**/*, excludes=*.properties
  • deployment/**/* excludes=*.properties
  • deployment/**/*, excludes:*.properties
  • deployment/**/* excludes:*.properties
  • deployment/**/*, exclude=*.properties
  • deployment/**/* exclude=*.properties
  • deployment/**/*, exclude:*.properties
  • deployment/**/*, exclude:*.properties

But all to no avail, I just get: "Unable to publish artifact [DeploymentBuildArtifact]". :(

qundg-deploy February 2, 2016

did you find a way?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events