Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add JDK 1.8 build capability to an existing stock image?

Ben
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2014

According to this, JDK 1.8 is now available in the Bamboo stock images as a Capability.  That's great!

If I already have my image all set up (with EBS, etc), is there a way to add JDK 1.8 to it without having to recreate everything?  

I currently have this:

EBS x86_64 (linux)

Default Elastic Image Configuration shipped with Bamboo
ami-25f7ed4c
I see I can add Capabilities to the bottom, including Java, but I assume that /opt/jdk-8 will not exist on that ami, correct?  If true, is there way to just change the ami of my existing configuration, so I don't have to reconfigure it?  Some other way to do this?

1 answer

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2014

Check the running instance - it may turn out that Java is already present in /opt . We've been shipping it for some time without making the capability public.

Ben
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2015

Yep - its there...just added JDK 1.8 capability to /opt/jdk-8. The only issue is that it is Update 31, and not the latest Update 40. Does that require a new Elastic Image altogether?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2015

There are a couple of ways you could do this, the easiest way would be to use the instance setup script to download and unpack the JDK.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events