Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Bamboo use STDOUT for JUnit results?

Mark McD June 19, 2012

I'm running Bamboo 4 & currently have my system's unit tests running through a wrapper script (bash script running Perl's 'prove' command) but I would like to get Bamboo running the test runner (prove) directly for a little more purity.

The caveat is that the test executor (prove) outputs logs to STDOUT. In my wrapper script (bash) it's trivial to redirect the script's output to 'results-$BUILDNO.xml', which the JUnit Parser task picks up, but I cannot seem to replicate this when using 'prove' as the executable in Babmoo.

Is there a way to direct Bamboo to use STDOUT from a task in some way? Can I add a '> filename' into the arguments? Can I set up STDOUT as an artifact? Or something else?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

If you are using the Script Task using the inline option its possible to call your script and redirect the output to standard out just like you would on a bash prompt.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events