Can Bamboo require a code review with Gatekeeper strategy?

When using the Gatekeeper strategy, a merge to master is performed if the build is clean.  Is there any way to mandate a code review at this point, before going ahead with the merge (i.e. as an additional criteria)?

1 answer

0 votes

We do not provide such feature.

However we also sometimes use the workflow as you described. What we do then is:

• create integration branch (we know it will live for a considerable period of time - few weeks) for a given epic/feature and set up Gatekeeper for Bamboo plan branch for this branch
  • create development branches for every story we develop
  • every time the story is about to be completed we use Atlassian Stash or Crucible to create pull request or code review
  • after development branch build is green and code review is completed we merge development branch to epic/feature integration branch
  • after epic/feature integration branch build is green it is being merged into higher-level branch

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,372 views 21 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you