Can Bamboo ignore certain conditions when triggering builds?

Dan McKean March 9, 2012

I've got a few infrequently updating projects in Bamboo. These are libraries, and I'd like them to build with the rest of our nightly builds, so they're included with the rest of our bits when push to pre-production enviroment overnight and run integration tests.

In Bamboo, I'd like those libraries to be built on these conditions:

"At 1:00am each morning, if there's been a checkin to the single Mercurial repository for the project."

That's fine, and it works--but it always builds, even if no code's been committed.

Why? These builds are done with the Maven release plugin to update version numbers, and the Maven release plugin always checks updated POM files back into Mercurial. This means that every day there's check-ins.

Thus Bamboo runs that job, because it sees these semi-bogus checkins from the Maven release plugin, and thus there's something new to build.

Is there a way I can tell Bamboo to either ignore a certain user's checkins (a 'builder' account does our builds) or ignore changes to certain files when determining if a build should be done?

I've considered adding a simple 'hg pull -u' at the end of my Bamboo job, but that feels a bit hacky, and was wondering if anyone else has suggestions.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Dan McKean March 14, 2012

Thanks Piotr... I'll be looking forward to it.

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2012

There is "include/exclude files pattern" in the repository configuration advanced options - I don't expect it will fit to your need, but thought I'd point it out anyway.

AFAIK in Bamboo 4.0 there will be a feature to ignore commits per message name (or user name, I'm not sure) - and it should do what you expect - at least we, Bamboo developers, had similar issue with Mercurial-based builds being triggered by Maven release plugin and currently the issue is not occuring.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2012

Just as a reference: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-10693 <-- this is the feature I was talking about. So it will be/is filtering per commit message, not per user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events