Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Bamboo automatically "copy" links to failed JIRA issues to next build?

Alexis Michaelides September 9, 2012

Say we have a build (call it x) which includes changes from 5 JIRA issues, and 1 of them causes the build to fail... The issue is then fixed, further code is committed against that issue, and finally a new Bamboo build is started (call it x+1).

My problem is that build x is no longer valid for us, as it never completed, but the latest successful build is x+1 which Bamboo thinks only has a fix for 1 issue - whereas in fact it contains all 5 issues since the previous build had failed.

I was looking for a way to have Bamboo automatically link to all JIRA tickets from previous failed builds in subsequent ones. This of course may happen more than once (where you have sequential builds failing until all the underlying problems are resolved).

I'm using locally hosted (downloaded) versions of Bamboo & JIRA.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Alex

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2012

Basically, for any green build you want to have a list of issues that went into this build and any previous failed build, right? If you need to have it in UI, you'd need to build a plugin for it.

If you only need the list, you can set up a relatively simple script using REST calls to Bambo to generate the issue list.

Alexis Michaelides September 13, 2012

In a perfect world we'd want this in both Bamboo UI and JIRA as well - we have a lot of tickets in JIRA where their last build is a failed one, and we have no quick way of finding which successful build contains that fix. This is not be as simple as saying it's in "failed build no + 1", as it may take several consecutive (failed) builds to get to a successful one.

I guess plugin is the best way to go, we'll have to do without for now as we don't have the resources to go down that path! I'll take a look at Bamboo's REST API to come up with an interim solution, thanks.

-Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events