CI pipeline in Bamboo for iOS and Android on a common server

Karl Sigiscar January 2, 2018

Hello,

We would like to set up a Continuous Integration pipeline with JIRA, BitBucket and Bamboo with only one server, an 8 cores MacPro:

Continuous Integration.png

Is it possible to set this up with only one server, only one BitBucket instance and only one Bamboo instance ?

Or do we have to have a macOS server for iOS and a Linux server for Android, both running Bamboo ?

We would much prefer to have one server (Mac) with only one Bamboo instance.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Karl.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Hi Karl,

You can do both on the Mac as you can develop for Android on the Mac as well.

One thing I may recommend depending on the system you have is to offload some of the resources to a Remote Agent.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues.

Cheers,

Branden

Karl Sigiscar January 4, 2018

Thanks Brendan. We will probably have some more questions when we receive the Mac Pro server and start setting up the builds.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

No worries at all.  If you have more questions please don't hesitate to ask and If I don't know I'll definitely do my best to get an answer for you.

Cheers,

Branden

Jeremy_Shutt October 31, 2018

Is there a way to do the same thing (one bamboo server) from a Windows server?  I'm looking for docs on setting up a successful CI for iOS apps.  I basically looking for:

1. Get from GitHub

2. Build XCODE (could be a mac server)

3. Sign

4. Deploy to HockeyApp.

I see there's a hockey app plugin, and an older unsupported iOS, Cocoa and XCODE plugin.

I'm basically looking for advice on how other's do this without having to build a whole other bamboo server on a mac.

Atul Yadav October 9, 2019

You can use the Windows server for the Bamboo, use the mac for the Xcode build. Install Fastlane on the mac machine it will do the following tasks,

1. Compile 

2. Archive

3. Export Archive

4. Generate ipa

These above tasks will be done by Fastlane alias Gym 

Fastlane can be used to sign and deploy the app to the hockey app. 

Let me know if that works for you.

Regards,

Atul Yadav

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events