cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk changes to bamboo plan tasks

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2013

Hi all,

Is there a way to script bamboo admin changes to plans? I have a tast that runs a script from a network drive and the task is in 100 plans. I can go through them all via the web ui but that's painful. I'd like to be able to make a regex replace on the configurations globally.

On hudson/jenkins I'd modify the xml via a script and reload. On bamboo, I suspect I need to find an API or modify content via SQL scripts. It is also possible that I have more plans than I need. For each branch I have about 10 plans. I need different branches to run with different configurations for JDK and memory but beyond that, they are pretty similar. Perhaps the feature-branch plan option is one I should explore

Please let me know if you know how to push changes to tasks across many plans.

Thanks

Peter

1 answer

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2013

Bamboo Command Line Interface has updateTask which has some limited capabilities. There is an example on Examples . It is not easy. You need to know the task specific key and field names. You can get those from a tool like Live HTTP Headers while creating or updating a task. Only worthwhile if you have on-going automation or a very large number of tasks.

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2013

Thanks Bob. Do you think field names are likely to change release to release? If they are stable then this seems a better approach than manual. Either way, I think I need to find a way to have more generic plans and scripts with base their specialization off of variables or plan naming to reduce the work load.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2013

Most task plugin providers are unlikely to change the names as it causes compatibily issues. More likely they will just add new ones. For instance, the script task has been the same since I started using it years ago. I certainly haven't for any of my Bamboo tasks. It is possible the UI for creating and editing a task could change on a release boundary potentially requiring a CLI update to handle. This is an interim solution until Bamboo gets around to providing proper configuration remote APIs :(.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events